Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Slow teamwork project for only one user

etterdtamas
Newcomer

Hi!

We have a teamwork project (aprox. 12 GB) in AC27 (with the latest build and hotfix) which contains a few IFC files from different contractors, which we mostly use for model review, clash detection etc. Three people uses this file usually and two of them can navigate in it seamlessly, but for one it's like a nightmare. We use PCs, with Windows 11 (updated) and the PC in particular is the strongest one from the three (i9-13900K, 128 GB RAM, 1TB M2 SSD, RTX 3060), but we can't find a solution to why it struggels, while the other two (weaker PC) handles it without a flinch.

Is there a solution for this, or a common cause which we slid over?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Noemi Balogh
Community Admin
Community Admin

Could it be that this person is viewing the project with a different filtering? If there are too many details visible, it is possible that even the strong computer is struggling. I don't think corrupted local cache do such a thing, but you might also want to reload the project from the server just in case (Teamwork » Project » Reload project from Server) and see if it helps. 

Filtering is really suspicious though, because even if it looks like the same thing, there might be overlapping elements on different layers which triggers Archicad to calculate junctions (even though not elements are visible). I would also give it a try to set all the labels layers to 0 with intersection priority (this case nothing intersects) and see if it improves or not.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin