Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

CORONA render add-on for ARCHICAD in the making...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello to the ARCHICAD Community! New to this forum but an old-timer AC user, since v. 6.5...

It was on last month's CHAOSGROUP totalCHAOS event that an announcement was made by Renderlegion representative Mr Adam Hotovy that they are already working on a CORONA plug-in(add-on) for ARCHICAD.

You may forward to 50:50 in the video on ChaosGroupTV youtube channel. It is called: Total Chaos 2018 — Opening keynote and below is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5JYd69lBU

As you watch, take a look at what is happening on the video display wall in the back.

You'll probably notice the CORONA guys wanted some feedback but I am more than sure that they didn't get it on this venue as totalCHAOS is for CG dev's and CG artists. So making CAD/BIM announcements on CG events is a good idea but stands zero to no chances to catch up.

I think it would be massively great if the ARCHICAD Community and/or GRAPHISOFT provide some meaningful and useful feedback that could boost up this CORONA project.

A top performance BIM + a top performance render engine sounds like dynamite to me.

So, I'd repeat Mr Hotovy's question 'What do you think?'
58 REPLIES 58
Some recent updates to one of the projects I posted at the beginning of this thread afforded me the opportunity to further test the Corona for ArchiCAD plugin and also once again do some comparisons with the 3ds Max versions also rendered with the Corona plugin for that program.

...more images to follow
....continued....

....and a Screencap from ArchiCAD.....

.....screengrabs of some Interior views with the renders following..

Interior renders for a small unit in the same project....

And the 3ds Max versions for the same project (with more plant and tree entourage and grass),...

I should mention that the ArchiCAD versions had ZERO post-processing or adjustment in photoshop (as I normally do), and came direct from the program and render.
....continued...
...and finally

There's one other project (not previously posted) where I was also able to test the Corona-AC plugin and once again do another side-to-side comparison with the 3ds Max version:-

And once again the ArchiCAD screengrab of the same...

And finally some 3ds Max renders of the same for comparison:-

....and lastly...

In conclusion, the Corona for ArchiCAD plugin as noted is already pretty robust and powerful even for an alpha version but could obviously use the Corona proxy object fixed to allow for high geometry objects (like trees and better furniture, ets), a Corona scatter or solution for grass, and also some improvements to the lights (like rendering IES light information and data files) for the interior shots.

Looking forward to the next Alpha build (or Beta?) and more testing and rendering.