Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Reverse light

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi mates,
I was searching the documenation and also this awesome board but couldn't find a solution for this:

I want to design shining floor in a bathroom.
I need a reverse light tool but can't find any - nor any kind of parameter.
I mean I need a light that will shine from down - up, from floor to ceiling

There is a lightning PANEL but only with traditional light.
Please help me,
regards
Mar
30 REPLIES 30
Dwight
Newcomer
Yes, my book is available. See my signature for ordering instructions.

The book makes a clear case for not using architectural light fixtures as the means to light the space. Instead it demonstrates how to use the equivalent of photographer’s lighting and reducing the fixtures to mere props in the scene. The principle is to float radiant panels appropriate to light appropriate to each camera viewpoint.

The book talks about using a ”constant” reflectance shader to create the look of a glowing fixture - without emanating light.

I don’t understand your issue with using the general light [the old one that casts no shadow that I placed in the GDL Object Depository, not the new Archicad 11 one that is useless.] because you can add thousands of general lights in a scene without extending rendering time significantly. In the book I show a theatre marquee solution using general lights, for instance.

If you dislike general lights, use a light cone like almost every fixture in the library does.
Dwight Atkinson