Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

lightworks vs artlantis ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im getting into rendering more and more.... im currently using lights works for movies and renders and getting pretty good results,,, is artlatis that much better and should i start learnig that

achi cad 10
widows xp
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys.. long time lurker, here. You're all terrific; I've learned a bunch from you guys! THANK YOU.

I downloaded the Artlantis Studio demo today. I'm a long-time Artlantis user, and I've got to say... This version is fantastic. They've definitely added the features I was 'missing' in 4.5.

I mainly do production for high-end residence architects... I'm not a 'presentation' guy. When I need a rend, it's usually a rush job. I need it decent and fast, not perfect in every aspect. The old Artlantis did the job, but I had to do a lot of retouching in Photoshop to get the building in tune with my entourage photo. It looks like the new version is going to help in that respect. For instance, this version's radiosity feature gives those emotive shadows I could never get in 4.5. Love that 🙂

I don't miss the old shaders at all! Heck... We all use JPG textures for everything, anyhow; right? <g> What they do provide in the 'a Shaders' folder are very useful.

Oh... Ceilings!!! YES!!!!! I nearly shat myself when I saw how great they looked. Cha-ching! 15 minutes less post-processing. BIG smile.

For those on the fence, give it a spin. Dwight is correct... This product services a select group.. Folks in the AEC industry that need to accomplish some WORK! I tried Maxwell out, but can't afford the PHd in optics required to understand it.... Went and blew that money on an Architecture education..... What the hell was I thinking????

Sincerely and warmly yours,
Dave Sanders

From the last generation to draw plans with PENCILS.

P.S.... I have some of my Artlantis 4.5 rends on my website if you're curious.

www.dmsdesign.us