cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Archicad Python API
About automating tasks in Archicad using the Python API.
SOLVED!

Archicad 24 - Python

JSN
Enthusiast
1) Is it possible that I cannot add the Python palette to any toolbar as it is an exerimental feature?

2) Here (https://graphisoft.com/downloads/python#try) the example "Excel file import" seems to be wrongly linked as it leads to the Excel file export example when you hit download.

3) Are the Python Snippets from the experimental addon for 23.3000 not supported anymore as I get several traceback errors or might this be a general permiossion issue of my IT system?
14 REPLIES 14
JSN
Enthusiast
Downgrading the openpyxl module fixed this issue and it works now. I will try to find some time to have a closer look on the given examples and I am sure that further questions will arise in the near future. Thx for now.
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
JSN wrote:
2) Here (https://graphisoft.com/downloads/python#try) the example "Excel file import" seems to be wrongly linked as it leads to the Excel file export example when you hit download.
Thank you for reporting us this issue!
The link was fixed, now you can download the "Excel File Importer" script package from the site.
JSN
Enthusiast
Thx!

by the way, is it planned to provide more sample scripts? Imho they are a good start to familiarize with the syntax.
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
JSN wrote:
by the way, is it planned to provide more sample scripts?
Yes, of course! Our plan is to make more example scripts, especially more simple scripts to help the completely beginners.
Our long-term plan is to implement a python script-exchange site, where anybody can upload their script, Graphisoft can review them, anybody can comment and download the uploaded scripts.
JSN
Enthusiast
That's what I wanted to hear