BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMcloud API
About automating BIMcloud processes using its API.
SOLVED!

Open a project using the BIMCloud Python API

benjaminjamesrowley
Participant

I am trying to automate a few tasks in ArchiCAD. I have written a few Python scripts using the ArchiCAD API, but naturally they only work if an ArchiCAD file is open. This is a little bit of a problem for me, because often we want to apply the effects of the scripts to all our active files at once (of which there are about 20 at any given time). The files in question are all on the BIMCloud.

I am wondering whether it is possible to use the BIMCloud API to the files for me, one at a time, so that my other scripts can access the information they need. 

If this is not possible, can anyone think of another way to automate the opening of archicad files on the BIMCloud? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Boldizsar Vermes
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

@benjaminjamesrowley, the BIMcloud API can support only file related operations, as per mentioned in the documentation. What you wish to do, to access teamwork project data, is not supported via the public API.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, Collaboration

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Boldizsar Vermes
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

@benjaminjamesrowley, the BIMcloud API can support only file related operations, as per mentioned in the documentation. What you wish to do, to access teamwork project data, is not supported via the public API.

Boldizsár Vermes
Product Manager, Collaboration
benjaminjamesrowley
Participant

For anyone facing a similar issue:

As @Boldizsar Vermes pointed out, opening files over the BIMCloud is not possible. The dirty workaround we eventually had to settle on was using the 

pyautogui library to control mouse movements on the screen, and simulating a user manually opening the file via the UI. Obviously this isn't an ideal solution, but it worked for us in an emergency.
Learn and get certified!