BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
BIMx
About BIMx (mobile, web and desktop), connection to BIMcloud, and related technical questions.

So...once and for all..is it BIMx HyperDocs or just "Docs"?

rob2218
Enthusiast
So...someone please settle this for me.
I happen to recall that the BIMx software upgrade was labeled as "BIMx HyperDocs" yet someone now tells me it's called "BIMx Docs"?..........which is it for Pete's sake!
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I believe the application is called 'BIMx Docs' and the Docs files are called 'BIMx Hyper Models'.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
A model that is 'published' with 2D documentation is called a BIMx Hyper Model (presumably because it has hyperlinks connecting the model to the documentation) and is opened using the BIMx Docs application.

A model that does not contain any 2D documentation is saved out as a 3D BIMx model and can be opened using the BIMx application or desktop viewer.

That said a hyper model can be viewed in the BIMx viewer but only the 3D model will be visible. The 2D documentation won't be. This is a technical limitation rather than a marketing ploy.

A search for hyper model in the help center will explain it further: helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/visualization/graphisoft-bimx/save-...

There is no such thing as BIMx HyperDocs AFAIK!

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!