Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Anyone using Solibri Model Viewer?

Hi, is anyone Solibri Model Viewer?

I have created an IFC file, and when I open it with Solibri Model Viewer all the windows are not visible, even though thery are there when I go to Story>Window they appear. But they are not visible when the whole building is visible...

any suggestions?
Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
can you post a screen shot showing the issue?
Thanks Michael,

as you can see on the attached images when I open the .ifc file all windows are invisible. When i click the "Show/Hide Windows" onle the skylight disappear. But when I go to the project tree, the windows are there, but I can't get them to show with the walls...

also, another question...
I have classified the insulated covering of the roof slab as "Covering" on IFC classification on Archicad, but when I open the file with Solibri, its classified as "Undefined" why? Isn't there a link between ifc classification in AC and Solibri?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Achille,

Can you contact Solibri Support (support(at)solibri.com)? We can help you to analyze your situation.

Regards,

Pasi
Achille wrote:
Thanks Michael,

as you can see on the attached images when I open the .ifc file all windows are invisible. When i click the "Show/Hide Windows" onle the skylight disappear. But when I go to the project tree, the windows are there, but I can't get them to show with the walls...

I have classified the insulated covering of the roof slab as "Covering" on IFC classification on Archicad, but when I open the file with Solibri, its classified as "Undefined" why? Isn't there a link between ifc classification in AC and Solibri?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Accilleas sent the IFC file to our support and I was able to see that the windows were misplaced.

Please see images in the attachment.

Pasi
Achille wrote:
Thanks Michael,

Thanks for your support Pasi.

Indeed the windows are present in the file but for some reason are placed much more higher than they should...

This seems to be an Archicad problem...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Probably because you've been playing with your stories so much!!

Cheers,
Link.
Actually this is another file...

my worst fears have materialized...

unfortunatelly this is a project origin related problem. Meaning that if the doors and windows have been placed with a project origin way far away, you are doomed... the resulting ifc file will have all doors and windows totaly misplaced...
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Achille is right, after testing his model I can confirm that this bug comes if the model is relatively far from the global origin, after moving the entire model close to it, the openings are fine in the saved IFC file.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT