i would like to share with you my cost estimation workflow, it may help someone, and why not, users can contibute and participate
Thaks for John from CONTRABIM for his Youtube tutorials, which helped me a lot,
1 - modelling the strcuture (or importing it via IFC )
2 - classifying correctly all the element,
3 - creating propreties for :
* execution state (for exp : aproved, to be demolished, approved after check, reported... etc )
* payement phase ( for exp : payement 1, payement 2 etc...)
4 - create graphic overrides rule for each xecution state and combine them in a graphic override combo
5 - schedule elements
Now two scenarios :
1 - estimate cost : export schedule as a text and link it into excel and do the rest in exel ( data management )
2 - controlling execution :
this part is controlled by propreties, so ,
* export the propreties to excel,
* use that excel file in site on a tablet to modify propreties according to element states in site ( a frop down list is recommended especially if you are using ArchiCAD 24) the way you schedule affects the way you controle on site, i always use IDs for columns, P_1, P_2, P_3 etc....
* when finished, import modified propreties inside archicad, elements will receive that changes and opey to graphic overrie tools,
Also, the Execution state can be listed in the schedule, and, when the output text file is updated, exel starts to substract quantities of the finished elements
and So on...
I posted a wish in the pas about controlling work on site using Bimx, using a bims model, select the element and change it's propreties, then export that data back to archicad,
it's better than working on an excel worksheet, and quessing which element you are looking at.
I posted a wish in the pas about controlling work on site using Bimx, using a bims model
For the moment BimCloud (paid version) allows to annotate a BIMX a bit like one can annotate an openBIM IFC file through BCF file but it is not possible to edit the BimX to modify some of the properties of elements that constitute it.
The CMMS and GTB business is colossal and I think like you that BimX can be a formidable tool in this area. What is certain is that today it is not possible even with BimX APIs.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 24 FRA FULL
OS 11 Big Sur
"Quality is never an accident; it's always the result of an intelligent effort " - John Ruskin
if Bimx would handle excel files, so excanhged data will be through excel, I mean,
open the bimx model, edit propreties, it can be possible, i think it's not a hard task, select an onject and edit it, then export all propreties to an excel or txt file, that can be synchronized with archicad,
So far, with good excel skills, the cost estimating process is good, except of special cases, that needs tricky solutions, but, a more powerfull workflow would be better