BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Long Shot

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was wondering why my identical windows were not appearing as a single entry and then it hit me.
Since the zone reading is inconsistent and the zone number is part of the window number - I've entered the zone number manually into old user parameter number 5. This of course makes the windows non-identical.

So the question is - Is there a way of omitting a field from the 'identical' comparison?
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Only by not showing (scheduling) the field(s) that make them different. Items in a schedule are only considered identical (for grouping) if all scheduled values are identical.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
...other than the object ID!

It seriously limits the scheduling capacity.

I'm having to manually add a list of 'idenitcal' window numbers to one of the set and weed out the others from the schedule (via using the IFC type classification in the criteria - good thing I don't need to use it right now).

Not super user friendly.

Also noticed that even if the windows are different in elevation (say one has an awning on the left of a fixed panel and the other is the mirror image - so the 3d views are different) so long as the other displayed parameters match, the schedule will treat it as 'identical'.

I'd call that dangerous.
Barry Kelly
Angry wrote:
Also noticed that even if the windows are different in elevation (say one has an awning on the left of a fixed panel and the other is the mirror image - so the 3d views are different) so long as the other displayed parameters match, the schedule will treat it as 'identical'.

I'd call that dangerous.
That's when you need to add in a field for the window handing - I think GS call it "Orientation".
Then because the fields show different information they will list separately.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!