Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

New Tutorials: Specifications Reports Using IFC Data Fields

Eric Bobrow
Enthusiast
Want to generate a nicely formatted and organized Specifications Report on your project directly inside ArchiCAD?

My new ArchiCAD video tutorial series shows how to generate detailed specification reports from your ArchiCAD 19 model using standard interactive schedule tools.

In addition, this approach allows you to easily place drawing notes linked to the exact same BIM data, fully integrated into each element. All notes and specifications update automatically as you work on the model.

TUTORIAL 1

In the first video of this series (released earlier this month) I demonstrated the basic concept: adding special IFC fields for automatic labeling of elements as well as inclusion in Interactive Schedule reports.

Generate Specifications and Optimize Annotation using IFC Data Fields
(Part 1 of 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOvxqJL-Qvs

TUTORIAL 2

In the second video (posted today) I show how to organize your report into trade categories (e.g. Masonry, Carpentry, Roofing, etc.) or a multi-level hierarchy such as the U.S. standard CSI Divisions and Subdivisions.

Specifications Report Tips and Tricks Using IFC Data Fields
(Part 2 of 4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnmVMVN2ak4

I also share methods that help you to speed up the process, quickly adding category information based on layer or element type.

My favorite tip is to define a special schedule that gives you immediate access to the schedule fields directly in the Info Box.

Without this trick, you need about 10 clicks and go through multiple dialog boxes each time.

If you’d like to easily and quickly create a specifications report inside ArchiCAD, watch these two video tutorials. (Parts 3 and 4 will come out in November.)

Questions? Comments? Feedback?
Post your comment here or on YouTube.

– Eric
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Eric,

Thanks for posting these. I look forward to Parts 3 and 4.

Prescott