cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD on OS X Yosemite 10.10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys

ArchiCAD crashes all the time on OS X Yosemite 10.10.

When is ArchiCAD 18 being released which will be more stable Yosemite.

Cheers
Joe
72 REPLIES 72
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

This is a known issue. Please read our article:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=42283#BIMxcannot_be_run

Best regards,
Csaba
vfrontiers wrote:
I'll add one to the list...

I can CREATE BimX's with AC17 on Yosemite... but I can't view them (crashes BimX)...

Others can read the same BimX's on Windoze....
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
ejrolon wrote:
Folder Names gone?
Which cabinet objects is that? I tried a few from the US library but the text looks OK for me.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Ben Cohen
Advocate
Csaba wrote:

We have started to inspect Ben's issue with the Zones in v18 and it appears to be platform independent, so this is not related to Yosemite but to his objects. This is still under investigation

Best regards,
Csaba
FYI Csaba and the support team have got back to me. The issue was the order of the parameters in my zone stamp (v18 and Mac problem only - not just Yosemite). Apparently the blue (AC generated) parameters are best up the top of the parameters section in zone stamps.

I have to say the the GS tech support has been first class over the last few years. Actually the entire company has been refreshingly open and supportive of late. 10/10 for customer service.
Ben Cohen
Mac and PC
Archicad (Latest Version) aus
www.4DLibrary.com.au
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
All,

we've just released an update for ArchiCAD 18 (build 4020) that brings better compatibly with Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. For more info see: http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=47381

Our current recommendation:

First consult our always up-to-date compatibility guide: http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=42283

- ArchiCAD 18 - all known critical issues have been addressed, so at this point it looks safe to upgrade
- ArchiCAD 17 - if you use BIMx, then please wait for our next update for AC17
- ArchiCAD 13 - 16 - the best is not upgrading to 10.10
- ArchiCAD 12 and older - these versions won't run on 10.10

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
p_ckies wrote:
I have the font problem with Yosemite. The font in setting dialogue and tacker become super small. It's really difficult to read. Does anyone have the same problem? The thing is I'm using English (UK) as system primary language and once I switch it into Thai the problem seems gone. Is there anyway I can set the font bigger when I using English?
Hi p_ckies,

Here is what we found out about the text size issue you have reported. The texts are getting horizontally narrowed if we choose the Thai as the primary language. (see the left side of the attached image)
We have found the source of the issue and plan to correct it in an upcoming update for AC 17 and 18. With the correction the result will be like on the right side of the attached image.
We don't think that the Xreadcfg has any affect on the fonts appearing on your machine, but your custom installed Fonts might - so that might result in slightly different Fonts even after the update.

Best regards,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
Rick Thompson
Expert
I upgraded both AC18 and Yosemite and now have a pdf issue. Some fills do not display, however, they do print from the pdf, despite not showing up.

Anyone else having this issue, or what to do about it??? PDF's are my main way of selling plans and communicating, so this is bad.

Note the screen shot. No soft insulation fill in walls or details, other than color, and no roof fill. The same fill does display on the ridge vent which is a profile. The siding displays.

>>>> I have discovered hairlines have something to do with it. I can change the pen from hairlines and it displays... though fat lines:(
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rick Thompson
Expert
Ok.. if anyone else runs into this.. it's the pen weight. I WAS using .01 for many fills. Seems you need .1 or greater to view in a pdf, even though the .01 does print, it does not display. Guess I have a lot of pen sets to redefine.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display
JaredBanks
Mentor
I was just running some tests and wasn't getting that problem with PDFs. Hopefully it's just you? ???

How are you making your PDFs? I tried publisher and printing.

Also did you try 0 pt lines? That's what i was messing with. (also just verified with .01 lines working for me).
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Rick Thompson
Expert
Thanks Jared for the response. That's encouraging... I guess:)

My base line that is problematic is .01 >> pt. That is actually .00 mm.. so... ? I tried printing via all my print drivers, Canon MG8200, and what I use to connect with my Oce, which is a generic PostScript print driver. I also tried publishing. As I said, they will print as expected, but will not display, and that is inconsistent. I'll attach an elevation where 2 of the same roofs (different angle of view, but it has happened once with same angle also...) but the same fill displays on one roof and not the other??? I can place the PDF on a layout sheet and see it just fine. I can op[en in Safari, not fills, same in Pixelmaker. I tried viewing it on my Air w/Yosemite and it is the same as my desktop. I viewed it on my wife's Air - not Yosemite - and it is missing on the email, but correct in Preview. I have randomly experienced a fill not displaying in body of Mail, but not like this. Seems Yosemite to me, and weird.

I just tried .00 and get faint light grey lines. .03 is sort of viewable, but really faint. Once, and only once, when I was scrolling the pdf and it hit the bottom and bounced, the fill lines popped into view.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
Mac M2 studio w/ display
JaredBanks
Mentor
weird. And is it this one file or all files?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome