cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD on OS X Yosemite 10.10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys

ArchiCAD crashes all the time on OS X Yosemite 10.10.

When is ArchiCAD 18 being released which will be more stable Yosemite.

Cheers
Joe
72 REPLIES 72
Karl Ottenstein
You are completely joking, right?

The Yosemite mass beta was just released last week. By the time that Yosemite is on the App Store for public consumption this Fall, Graphisoft will probably have a hotfix for 18. But, with some OS X releases, Apple has changed things in the final release vs the betas and Graphisoft and others were not able to release compatibility updates until after the public release.

Apple is very clear about not running the Yosemite beta on a production machine - even going so far as to suggest that a second Mac be used for Yosemite beta testing, not even using a partition on a primary machine.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The OS X Yosemite beta version has been out for developers for a while. Surely i'm allowed to ask without getting my head ripped off.
Karl Ottenstein
Not really. Again, if you read Apple's own guidelines for beta testing, you shouldn't expect Yosemite to be usable in a production environment.

We'll get an announcement when GS is ready to support Yosemite. With pretty much every release of OS X, GS advises not upgrading until they have tested things. I do not recall them ever releasing any kind of interim fixes for beta versions of any OS.

Graphisoft's developers are busy rolling out all of the international versions of AC 18 for the officially supported hardware/OS platforms. Whether they can spare someone until that is complete to start working on the Yosemite beta is something that they likely won't share with us.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Eduardo Rolon
The basic answer is that with luck AC will be compatible with 10.10 once 10.10 ships meanwhile you should not expect any hotfix that will address incompatibility with a beta OS. We might wish that it were otherwise but that has been the case since I remember which was 10.3 Panther.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
joe1828 wrote:
Hi Joe,

we've been actively testing ArchiCAD on OS X Yosemite 10.10 since the first development preview. Also we are in touch with Apple to make sure we sort out all possible issues for the time 10.10 will be publicly available this Fall. After the release we will publish our compatibility notes on HelpCenter, please only migrate after considering those.

Of course any feedback is absolute welcome until then. Post them either here or PM me.

To check the crashes please PM me the bug ID our crash reporter gives and I will look them up.

Regards,
Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marton wrote:
joe1828 wrote:
Hi Joe,

we've been actively testing ArchiCAD on OS X Yosemite 10.10 since the first development preview. Also we are in touch with Apple to make sure we sort out all possible issues for the time 10.10 will be publicly available this Fall. After the release we will publish our compatibility notes on HelpCenter, please only migrate after considering those.

Of course any feedback is absolute welcome until then. Post them either here or PM me.

To check the crashes please PM me the bug ID our crash reporter gives and I will look them up.

Regards,
Marton
Thank you, when it crashes next i'll send you a PM. Thanks
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
All,

we've identified the source of these crashes and the good news is that it won't affect the final version of 10.10. The crash is related to the presence of Apple's built in Feedback tool in the Help Menu.

From our end we are working on a solution, but this menu item won't be there in the final OS X 10.10 anyways.

Until the final Yosemite arrives a possible workaround would be moving the Documentation, Help and WWLinks folders out of the ArchiCAD folder. Make sure to move these back after migrating to the final OS X and before applying any ArchiCAD updates.

Marton
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Anonymous
Not applicable
has anybody tested ArchiCad 17 on Yosemite? won´t be able to upgrade Archicad until Feb 2015 and would like to upgrade my OSx this fall
Anonymous
Not applicable
BIMx doesn't work at all on Yosemite B3. The application will not launch manually or when double-clicking a BIMx model file to open it.

I haven't tried publishing or saving a BIMx model in Yosemite B3.