BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiStair is ready!

Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear ArchiCAD users,

finally ArchiStair is ready and… FREE OF CHARGE!
Please get any info at www.archistair.com

Friendly
Fabrizio

In order to get info on the way you can receive your free ArchiStair please directly contact our sales manager sending her an e-mail at silvia.rallo@cigraph.com
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
168 REPLIES 168
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
ArchiStair works just like all the other Cigraph plug-in:

each unlock code works only with that ArchiCAD dongle (the dongle used to serialize the add-on).
That means if you have more ArchiCAD licenses (more dongle) you need one Registration ID for each dongle.
Of course the network dongle needs only one Registration ID: it doesn't matter how many licenses it handles.

The good news is that the second sites of ArchiStair cost just like the first one: nothing, also them are free of charge!

Of course, each distributors/resellers could decide to ask you some money for additional shipment cost...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio,

In a future version it would be nice to make stairs with railings and carpet runner like these.. Very common in the US.

Thanks
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Rashid,

send me some example (simple 2D drawings) with some indications (what do you need as parametric, etc.) and I will try to implement it in the next maintenance release...
Fabrizio Diodati
LiHigh
Newcomer
Fabrizio,
would it be nice to have Archistair to generate a 3d path for railing. Hence, user could customize his/her own railing by extrude/sweep along the path (using archiforma?); And place baluster obj. using tool like rxDuplictor.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
LiHigh,

this is only the first version of ArchiStair: there is a lot of field we can improve!
My/our philosophy is to release always a very simple version, waiting for the user feedback and only then address more "deeply" all the needs.
For sure railing is the most important field we can address and I'm already thinking to it.
ArchiStair already lets you create/insert your own post/newel (using or not GDL scripting) and also insert only the railing (you can hide the stair body).
I'm waiting for your suggestion... now it's your time to work!!!
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
What i can't seem to beable to do is make my railing and newell post appear in the plan view.

also can we control whick way the arrow goes?

i like the product. much easier to implement/understand than other stair apps i've used/own.

donald mac donald
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Fabrizio

Here's a bit of feed back you asked for. I want to make a very small stair,
450 total rise 2.4m wide. After changing all the settings It will freeze Archicad when tyring to place it on the floor plan.
Three times is enough. Your advise is much appreciated

Kind regards Richard.

NZ
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Which type of stair?
How many risers?
Which settings are you using?

Too many variable to help you!
This is the very first time we receive a report about crashes...
Could you send me (privately) the screenshot of each ArchiStair dialog settings page before to insert the object?

Thank you very much
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to respectfully ask again:

1.) do i understand correctly that newell post and rails will not show up in the plan view?

2.) Is there a way to control which way the arrow points?.

thankyou

donald mac donald
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Yes and Yes.

You can show the railings in the plan symbol from the first release.
You can show UP/DOWN strings from the first maintenance update.
Fabrizio Diodati
Learn and get certified!