cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cabinet Schedules

Erich
Contributor
In our practice, prior to AC, we had a cabinet schedule that was done in excel and typically gave information about cabinet style, door and drawer style, finishes, etc. for each room where cabinets occured. As I make the initial transfer to AC I am trying to get the program to product this so we can eliminate external schedules and just deal with them internally (even if we then export to excel).

However, I find cabinets difficult to get to schedule due to all the various parts and pieces. To get around this I have added parameters to our zone object and am scheduling that instead of the cabinets themselves.

Does anyone have a better way of doing this or is this work around the best for now? At least until I write my own cabinets.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
14 REPLIES 14
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Without really knowing your specific problem, one tip I've used for many years is to put a FLAG in the ID of parts that you don't want to schedule. I typically use an *.

You can then set your schedule to ignore objects that have that ID.

Hope that helps...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Erich
Contributor
vfrontiers,

Sorry, I was as clear as mud up above...

My issue is that AC can schedule cabinets box by box easily enough, but what we would like to do is schedule cabinets room by room. So, for example, a kitchen would have a single entry describing the common characteristics of the cabinets in that room instead of having 20 or 30 entries covering every cabinet box in that room. Is that clearer?

This is why I revised our zone script to allow for cabinet information. However, it is not intelligent, in that it does not know when cabinets are present in the zone, we must tell it that information. fortunately, this is not hard for the size projects we do. I was just wondering if anyone had a better solution.

While there may be a benefit at times to scheduling cabinets box by box, it seems quite unnecessary as a good interior elevation and a simple cabinet schedule provides a complete description without the complexity.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Erich wrote:
vfrontiers,

Sorry, I was as clear as mud up above...

My issue is that AC can schedule cabinets box by box easily enough, but what we would like to do is schedule cabinets room by room. So, for example, a kitchen would have a single entry describing the common characteristics of the cabinets in that room instead of having 20 or 30 entries covering every cabinet box in that room. Is that clearer?

This is why I revised our zone script to allow for cabinet information. However, it is not intelligent, in that it does not know when cabinets are present in the zone, we must tell it that information. fortunately, this is not hard for the size projects we do. I was just wondering if anyone had a better solution.

While there may be a benefit at times to scheduling cabinets box by box, it seems quite unnecessary as a good interior elevation and a simple cabinet schedule provides a complete description without the complexity.
It would seem that what you need is CabinetONE. I created this thing about a million years ago and the premise is that ONE object can create ALL types of cabinets for quick visualization. So rather than placing 10 - 2' chunks of cabinet, you would place ONE 20' cabinet with X number of doors / drawers.

If your looking for something like 20' of Base and 18' of Upper in any given room, this might be the ticket.

I have tried to post it to the depository here, but I can't seem to get it to go. When I get into work this morning, I'll try to post here (I am not sure how big the file is now)...

Does this sound like what you're after?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Erich
Contributor
Duane,

CabinetONE may be a reasonable solution. I would be interested in checking it out if you are able to post it in either location. Meanwhile, I will just continue with my current work around.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Here's the CabinetONE module and library. You'll need to have the AC Library 11 loaded to see the sample kitchen..

Enjoy! Use it freely, just don't sell it.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Erich
Contributor
Duane,

Thanks, I will give this a try and see it it works better for our work flow.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane,
Thank u very much for your cabinet one parts. I find that your custom parts are easier to use than the ones in the Archicad library.
I have a question for u.
How can I place a sink through your complex profile countertop?

Thanks once again,
Abraham
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Abee4u wrote:
Duane,
Thank u very much for your cabinet one parts. I find that your custom parts are easier to use than the ones in the Archicad library.
I have a question for u.
How can I place a sink through your complex profile countertop?

Thanks once again,
Abraham
I figured someone would ask that! I have typically used just a slab and would cut a hole in it for a sink.

With the complex profile counter, I guess you'd need an SEO to cut it away.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
vfrontiers wrote:

I figured someone would ask that! I have typically used just a slab and would cut a hole in it for a sink.

With the complex profile counter, I guess you'd need an SEO to cut it away.
Thanks, I will look into SEO (of which i am not familiar with).

EDIT: Ok I tried SEO and I can't remove the interior of the sink bowl do u have any suggestions? Thanks in advance