cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cadimage Roof not allowing me to add a gutter

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have drawn a cadimage roof covering and am trying to add a downpipe to that roof. Originally, the pink node didn't appear for me to add the downpipe, but hen realised that there was no gutter on the roof. But the cadimage setting wont let me add in a gutter to begin with. When i go into the cadimage roof settings under edge types - Default settings - the gutter icon is always grey and i cant click it for any of the roof edges i have. How do get it to let me add a gutter to the edge so i can add a downpipe haha??? halp

(the edge selected in the photo is the one i want to put the gutter onto)

Capture.PNG
6 REPLIES 6
The edge you've shown highlighted has a "V" symbol, which means that it is designated as a valley. You need a gentle curved symbol for the gutter. (Like a "U") When this situation happens, it usually is because the roof edge (at the fascia) is not exactly horizontal. (i.e. level) I'm guessing that your roof is just a hair off kilter.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I get it to display a "u" symbol though? how do i check to see if the roof in horizontal or not? just check on elevation? i dont see how it would draw on an angle?
laz89 wrote:
How do I get it to display a "u" symbol though? how do i check to see if the roof in horizontal or not? just check on elevation? i dont see how it would draw on an angle?
The fascia edge needs to be EXACTLY parallel with the roof pivot line to be able to get a "U" symbol available.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
haha thankyou i would never have been able to think of that. turns out my "pivot line" or whatever its called was off by about 1mm so straightened it and now i can add a gutter and downpipe thankyou so much
laz89 wrote:
haha thankyou i would never have been able to think of that. turns out my "pivot line" or whatever its called was off by about 1mm so straightened it and now i can add a gutter and downpipe thankyou so much
You're welcome. Probably no need to ask how I knew the answer. lol.
Richard
Anonymous
Not applicable
I sent this through a support ticket, but after an hour or so of working on it, I finally figured out the issue. Completely unbeknownst to me, there was a COPY of the Cadimage Roof object in the exact same location for all of them. I have no clue how that happened, but after I deleted one copy, everything returned to normal. So, I guess you can chalk this one up to User Error. Maybe this information will be useful for troubleshooting others if you see this same effect in the future.