Using RFA content can be a great tool in building up a custom library. Follow the steps below to convert RFA content into GDL objects.
This process requires the user to install a plugin available from our partner BIM6x.
Download and Install the RVT/RFA Plugin
1. Visit BIM6x to download the RFA & RVT Geometry Exchange add-on.
2. Install the add-on.
1. Go to File > Libraries and Objects > Import RFA as GDL Object...
2. Select the RFA file to import and click Open.
3. In the Import RFA as GDL Object dialogue box verify or adjust import settings and click Import.
4. In the Information dialogue box, click OK.
5. The RFA file will be converted into a GDL object that is located in the Embedded Library
6. Place the object to verify how it looks.
Exporting & Archiving Content
Once RFA content has been imported and converted into a GDL object it can be exported to an office library for wider and repeat use. Visit the link below on exporting content from the Embedded Library
. Exporting Content from the Embedded Library