Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Copy&pasting with reference point

Anonymous
Not applicable
I experience the need of copy&pasting with a reference point..just wondering if it does exist in Archicad ? (this function was working very good in AutoCad)
For instance if I want to copy an element from a file to another I must import it with some other lines or objects and then I move the pasted element using an intersection point of those lines/object in order to put it in the same place as original..Wondering if is there any other, more 'clever' solution..

Thank you for any answer,
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
When you copy and paste the pasted elements should appear in exactly the same place with regards to the drawing origin so long as that area can be currently seen on screen at the time of pasting.

If you can't see that area on screen then you will be prompted with a dialogue asking if you want to paste to the original location or to the centre of the current screen area.

Remember this is all in relation to the drawing origin in each plan and not in relation to existing elements (walls, lines, etc.).
If you want to paste a certain distance from an existing element then you either need to copy something that represents that distance or simply move the elements as you paste them.
So long as you do not click outside of the box around the pasted elements you can move them where ever you need them.
Just make sure you click and drag inside the bounding box.
Click outside the box to accept the paste.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11