Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cut and Paste from Excel into AC17

kevin b
Contributor
We have a code summary (several actually) that are Excel files, which we used to (in prior versions) simply select all the cells in Excel and cut and paste into ArchiCad, either into a worksheet, or directly to a layout. This seems to no longer work in AC 17. Anyone else running into this? Has something changed so that I'm doing something wrong now? Tried both as RTF and Embedded Drawing, both seem to be doing something but nothing shows up. The paste command is listed in under Undo so it thinks it did something. In the drawing manager it shows up but nothing is there??? All layers visible and unlocked. It's Excel for Mac 2011.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
No problems for me (both RTF and Image) using Open Office CALC!
cgrimley
Contributor
Yes! I am having the same issue. The only way we were able to get it to work was to open the Excel file with Numbers then copy/paste as a single image. The problem with that is the formatting errors in opening an Excel file with Numbers as its not a simple spreadsheet.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB