Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG export of Layout with layer

Aussie John
Newcomer
I haven't been able to export DWG from a layout view and still keep the layers (always flattens to layer 0). What am I missing? (note still on version 10)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
Aussie wrote:
What am I missing?
AC11.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Aussie John
Newcomer
Thomas wrote:
Aussie wrote:
What am I missing?
AC11.
Thanks; was afraid of that

Actually I haven't upgraded as a silent protest to lack of finishing off/ getting rid of bugs of the current features. From what I have read, all the old issues remain and only non compelling new features were added.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Thomas Holm
Booster
Aussie wrote:
Actually I haven't upgraded as a silent protest to lack of finishing off/ getting rid of bugs of the current features. From what I have read, all the old issues remain and only non compelling new features were added.
Don't agree. AC11 feels smoother and more streamlined overall, if your hardware's up to it. I find it worth it. Even Virtual Trace alone, I think. I've always wanted tracing paper in the computer, all the way back to 1982 or so when we started using these machines. Ghost stories didn't cut it. I know issues remain (especially with DWG conversion), and I get pissed now and then, but that's life. I can't really expect that my priorities always coincide with Graphisoft's.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1