Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Disappearing 2D Info in AC10 and Empty Viewports in DWG!

jameshart
Contributor
Our office is having a really frustrating problem, and it has happened on three different projects (modeled by three different people.) Occasionally all the annotation will disappear from our sections/elevations. I lost all the annotation from all my elevations THREE times on one project!!!

We think it has something to do with the section/elevation’s manual/automatic update option, and we have also witnessed it happen after somebody pushed cancel during an elevation update. Sometimes the problem persists even after switching the section/elevation back to automatic update.

We don’t really know how to reproduce this problem, (I mean other then clicking cancel during a model update) because it happens spontaneously. It seems to affect only some models and not others (even if both have sections or elevations that are set to manual update.)

We have another problem that seems related. Sometimes when we export layouts to DWG, the layout comes across with some empty viewports. Opening the file in AutoCAD shows that all viewports has been created, but when you switch to model space, only some of the elevations or sections that should be there actually are.

Sometimes the problem is just that the layers are turned off in AutoCAD, and simply opening the file in AutoCAD and turning the layers on fixes the problem. But most of the time when we see this problem, the viewport is really empty. The reason I think these problems are connected is because usually the viewports that are empty are the same ones that we later loose the 2d information from… it’s almost like a warning to us telling us that we are about to loose all our 2d annotation from that view.

Sorry for the lack of details! Next time we have this problem I will post a screenshot and computer stats, but it happens so randomly that I’m not sure when that will be.

We really want to find out what causes this, and not just a work around. Each time we loose the 2D annotation, it takes hours to put it back. Each time we cannot make a DWG file for a consultant, it causes us hours of frustration. Our office is in the process of transitioning between AutoCAD and ArchiCAD and this problem is making it difficult to keep the boss happy. 😕

Thanks!
ArchiCAD 27 (5003 USA Full), M3 Max MacBook Pro, 96 GB RAM, MacOS 14.5
1 REPLY 1
check your build (and add this info to your signature!).

The last two maintenance releases appear to have addressed this problem.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5