Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting all representations of an IfcStairFlight (not only Brep)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I am trying to export from Archicad to IFC2x3 a building containing stairs.

Problem is that the exported file contains only the Brep "Body" representation for each IfcStairFlight object, while the IFC documentation on the buildingSMART website mentions 3 different representations: Body (3D Brep defining the shape), Boundary (2D closed curve enclosing the footprint), and WalkingLine (2D open curve defining the walking line). And I really need these 3 representations (at least the Boundary would be great).

I tried to play with the "Data Conversion for IFC Export" dialog box but haven't been able to export these representations as well.

Any help would be very much appreciated!
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I looked into this, and it seems like this is just something that has not been developed yet. It is definitely on our to-do list though (task #258727).

Unfortunately I can't think of any way to export a 2D representation of the stair tot IFC. If you find a way, I would very much like to hear about it.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!