Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Imprecise translation to dwg

DianaCz
Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to export my layout with a view of drawing (in millimeters) in scale 1:500 to dwg model space 1:1 in meters while preserving precise coordinates of a certain point. I adjusted my translator as shown below and placed my view on layout so that the distance of the point to layout's reference point would give me exact coordinates I am looking for. It looks like everything works just as I want, but the position of the exported dwg point differs by 0.001-0.005 m (1-5 mm) from the original coordinates. Is there any way to improve the precision of dwg export? Or maybe my method has some severe drawbacks I am not aware of?

Translator 2.jpg

Translator 1.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

Hardly an expert in DWG export, but what I don't get: You're scaling something back and forth and wondering about minuscle deviations? I think that's just to be expected...

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Hello runxel,
Thank you for your reply. Do you happen to know how to export dwg directly from the view to be in absolute coordinates, then? I would be grateful if you could share your experience with me.

This thread might help you. Good luck!

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»