BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Opening a ACAD 2000 projec with viewports in AC-PM

Anonymous
Not applicable
(I am reposting this isse inadvertently posted to the wish section)

I receive a ACAD 2000 project. Several drawings with view ports tied to a model space base drawing. When I open them with viewports in AC or PM I get all the layers on. How is this supposed to work? In ACAD is all correct but I need them in Archicad.

I noticed that PM default translator has the view port option shaded, does not work. But then if one opens a project in AC with a copy of the default translator and then selects this newly created translator in PM, magic the view port opinion is not shaded any longer and it could be used. But then the result is the same all layer bunched open a mess.

I reported this to GS TS and smilingly things do not work. I wonder why I could not go back from a PM view port in to a model space BG Archicad. Is this impossible?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
To my dismay the answer form GS is negative: AC PM combination will not and could not show the content of a Viewport as it is intended in Autocad. No mater what Viewport you open the contend will indicate all layers on. This makes a cooperative effort with an Autocad user impossible without a major investment in time to recreate the layer grouping.

In conclusion you with to work in an Autocad environment better buy and let Autocad because AC PM is would not cut it.

For the firs time I decided to follow closely the Autocad Revit combination and consider it as a viable option.
Learn and get certified!