Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Project Framework 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Project Framework 8.1? I know it's technically out of date per the current release of ArchiCAD, but as I understand the "theories" within it are golden?

If anyone has any suggestions as to a tome that is similar, please let me know!

Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9
John Dunham
Participant
Its still available at a number of places. Just google it.

Here's a link for Objects Online which carry it:

<http://www.objectsonline.com/customer/product.php?productid=116040&cat=794&page=1>
John

OS X 10.15.7
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder why this publication didn't get more attention and get updated regularly with the new AC releases. I think it is/was a very valuable tutorial on AC application.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
fitim.muqaj wrote:
I wonder why this publication didn't get more attention and get updated regularly with the new AC releases.
Probably because the author didn't have enough "incentive" to update it, and no one has stepped up to do the same.
fitim.muqaj wrote:
I think it is/was a very valuable tutorial on AC application.
Yes -- I found it to be the single most valuable resource when outlining a game plan for implementation at our office.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it had an update for AC9, but we don't have it in the office I am in now, so can't be sure. Have a look around though. It was well worth a read and still would be even if only 50% is still relevant.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
The update was minimal (still had PlotMaker and single-story elements, no Pen Sets, etc. in AC9) -- addendum available from this link.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
we're running AC11 and will move to 12 once it's available...

will this still be valuable to me? or will i end up confused?
TomWaltz
Participant
I think a lot of the ideas in Project Framework 6.5 still apply today, so the 8.1 version is even more so.

It's a book about fundamentals and ideas more than features.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
as a follow up...i just bought the last one objects online had.

www.objectsonline.com/customer/product.php?productid=116040&cat=794&page=1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Alice wrote:
as a follow up...i just bought the last one objects online had.

www.objectsonline.com/customer/product.php?productid=116040&cat=794&page=1
We're sold out on the US/Imperial units version of the book, but as of 6/14/08, we still have the metric units version in stock. The content of these two versions (particularly the important concepts) is largely the same. We're clearing out our inventory so the price has been reduced significantly.