cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Reading my own DWG's

Eduardo Bell
Contributor
I will appreciate feedback on the following:

1. When I publish DWG files from Plotmaker 9 using the default translator and then try to open them back either in PM9 or AC9, nothing comes up. Can't import them into PM9 either.

2. Furthermore, when 'saving as' DWG in AC9 and then opening this DWG file back in AC9, fonts are not respected and new text showing fills areas come in with a new layer that was not there before (named 'Archicad layer'). Of course no area fills were shown in the original file.

3. What I want to do is open in Archicad 9 a Plotmaker9 layout published as DWG, something I was able to do in the past.

Thanks
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
Eduardo wrote:
1. When I publish DWG files from Plotmaker 9 using the default translator and then try to open them back either in PM9 or AC9, nothing comes up. Can't import them into PM9 either.
eduardo

if you are publishing paperspace out of plotmaker, the DWG I/O engine now does this funny thing whereby the DWG when opened in archiCAD defaults to the first floor. somebody at graphisoft should be very red about the face, but it was too late to change apparently.

if you drop down to the ground floor, or indeed simply open the DWG in autocad, you will see all of your work in all of its glory!

hope this helps!
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Eduardo Bell
Contributor
Ben,

I use the US version, it seems there is a difference with what you mention since when I open a dwg file it defaults to Story 1 (there is no Ground vs First floor). When I open a dwg, it defaults to Story 1. Creating stories above and below yields no positive results.
I was saving the dwg as model space, I tried paper space but the file is still empty. With the model space saved file the layers are there but with no visible content, with paper space no layers are visible in the layer settings window.

To clarify my intentions, I got a PM layout book from an other AC user with information I need to transfer into AC. So I tried publishing the layouts to dwg which I can then open in AC with the original scale and text.
Publishing to DWF yields all the information, I can rescale the lines but the text gets all over the place, I can't seem to get the whole thing in one easy step.

I wish we could publish to PMK file format, these can be opened in Plotmaker and saved as dwgs that can be read with AC!

Thanks for responding.
v4.55 to v27-b4030 MacBookPro 8-Core Intel i9 16GB ram AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB vram OS Monterey v 12.7.1