BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Reviewer not working on Mac

I published a PLN including Reviewer environment. Works fine on PC side. But clients, who are on Macs, only get the Java environment trying to start (gray screen), and the browser (same on Firefox or Safari) just stops at that screen and never loads the DWFs. I thought this was supposed to be cross-platform.

Any suggestions? (BTW, they have updated their Java versions.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm in the same boat. After installing Java Runtime on my OSX Lion system, the browsers still just sit and spin.

Furthermore, on the PC (with WindowsXP) the reviewer opens right up beautifully, but with all the markup tools disabled.

It looks like we can no longer publish .PDFs in the reviewer. And it looks like the mark-up tools don't work with .JPGs or GIFs – only with .DWF.

What if a user can't view .DWFs in their browser?

Back in the day, this used to be such an indispensable tool – even when I had printing capability, but now I have none.

Ideas?? Help!!
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I have tested Reviewer using the latest browsers available today for OS X 10.8.2.

The test results show that Firefox and Opera are the two browsers that load the Reviewer environment fine. Safari and Chrome does not load the Java based engine even Java is enabled.

We check the possibilites what can be done to provide support for Safari and for Chrome as well.

I hope this helps.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
Learn and get certified!