cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

SKETCHUP EXPORT OUT OF Archicad 26

Nardo99
Booster

I am having problems exporting from Archicad 26 (latest version fully updated) to sketchup (latest version fully update). 

The file crashes sketchup on opening. I have tried to export files with small simple geometry, and I have the same issue. 

I can export to Sketchup 8.0 format which does everything I need, but I am wondering if anybody is having the same issue.

Thank you in advance. 

12 REPLIES 12

I am finally operational, and unfortunately, I have no idea what was causing the problem. Here's what I did:  Uninstalled AC, deleted ModelPort, downloaded and installed AC, downloaded and installed Goodies. To test at this point: Launched AC with a default template file, created a few walls in plan view, switched to 3D window, chose Save As…, and Sketchup file type was available.

I then updated AC, as you can’t download a full install dmg for build 5003. I downloaded and installed ModelPort v.3.1.2. I now have the ability to Save As..->SketchUp file when using the native SketchUp loader. That is the only time anyone using ModelPort would want to us the native loader., as the ModelPort loader is much better for downloading SketchUp files into AC. It's a drag on Mac that you have to change loaders, quit AC, then re-open in order for the loader switch to take hold, but at least it's a viable workaround. Apparently not necessary on PC.

Unfortunately, I went through that entire procedure and still couldn't Save As... SketchUp with the native loader. Repeating the procedure a second time fixed the issue.
Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)

@Dave Jochum wrote:

I am finally operational, and unfortunately, I have no idea what was causing the problem.

It might be related to a known issue with goodies and Archicad 26.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Accessories-not-found-after-installation-in-AC26/m-...

If you run 26 before you install the goodies, it will remove all of the unused commands from the menus.

Seems it might also remove the save as file type as well.

Installing the goodies after you have started 26 will not create the menus or add the save as file type it seems.

So as you have discovered, you must re-install 26 - do not start it.

Install the goodies.

Apply the latest hotfix.

Now start 26.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Yes, I was aware of that issue and so never launched a newly installed version of AC until after installing Goodies. 

Dave Jochum
J o c h u m A R C H I T E C T S http://www.jochumarchitects.com
MBP 16" (M1 Max) 64 GB•OS 13.5.2•AC 27 Silicon (latest build)