BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Save drawing in Project File - Drawing Settings

gdford
Advisor
I understand the purpose for this setting.
My question is that in a teamwork project is the drawing saved to my local copy of the project or is the drawing saved back to the teamwork server or perhaps both?

I am currently working on a massive V23 teamwork project and the drawings on the layout spend so much time updating that that it is practically pointless to open a layout. Even zooming in and out causes the drawings to update.... Is there a fix for this other than setting the drawings to manual update?
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think it is stored in both places if you check that checkbox.
As far as I know, the file stored on the Bimcloud Server is almost the same as the Solo Project File, it has additional information specific to Teamwork, and it is stored in a database-like format rather than a PLN file format.

You can set the Drawings to Manual, you can also set their "On-Screens Preview" field to "Quick Preview" or "No Preview" instead of "Full Preview". That may also help with the redraw speed.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
gdford
Advisor
I forgot about the quick preview option - I have never used the quick preview option, but this might be the time...
There is some thought out there that V23 had some issues with this that were resolved in V24...
I can not test a version of the project in teamwork and I suspect testing as a solo-project would not be comparing apples to apples.

Do you have any thoughts on this Laszlo?

Thanks
Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Learn and get certified!