BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sheduling walls by zone-3 walls in 1 zone, only 1 shows up??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am creating a schedule to list all the tile materials for a given bathroom.

I used the wall tool to create my tile baseboards.

I drew everything within the zone (blue area on attached doc).

For some reason three of my walls will not sort correctly in my schedule.

Can anyone think of a reason why three walls with the exact same settings (except their length & ID) would not all show up in the same place on my schedule sorted by and within the zone name?

Attached jpg should make my question more clear
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Post a screenshot of your schedule settings (fields and sorting parameters)...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Post a screenshot of your schedule settings (fields and sorting parameters)...
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks. So, what is the name of the zone seen in the preview for the 'x' wall... scroll above the 1st screenshot? And where is it physically in relation to Bath 2? Is there any chance that you have overlapping zones on invisible layers? Turn on all layers and check...?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Thanks. So, what is the name of the zone seen in the preview for the 'x' wall... scroll above the 1st screenshot? And where is it physically in relation to Bath 2? Is there any chance that you have overlapping zones on invisible layers? Turn on all layers and check...?

Karl
How about this?

I turned off all layers except the layers that related to the walls and slabs I used to create my tile foors, walls, base and trim pieces.

I then copied all of these objects and dragged them hundreds of feet away from the main drawing area so I knew there was no way any of them could be touching another zone. In fact they were now no longer within any zone. So, I created a new zone and named it Test Bathroom and then ran a schedule

No zone name showed up at al this time. So, now none of the items are showing up as being allocated to a zone (I didn't expect my slabs to by the way, since I know the zone tool doesn't recognize slabs for some ridiculous reason).

More confused than ever.....

any suggestions?
Learn and get certified!