Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Simple Interior Door Schedule

Brad Elliott
Booster
Since using the zone tool to create interior door schedules is still a complete failure and I'm tired of wasting hundreds of hours trying to get it to work who has a simple and reliable method for creating an interior door schedule. I just want the basic room number and door ID with the doors numbered 1 to x for each room. I have tried putting custom text into the door markers but can't find any way to get that information into the schedule. I'll do the room names as custom text but am really looking for a good solution.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
5 REPLIES 5
poco2013
Mentor
No sure I understand the problem.

It seems to me that the only way to isolate internal doors is to provide an internal ID pre-index as in ID-xxx. which you can do automatically via the element ID manager by simply selecting all internal doors. Then use a door schedule and as criteria . Then use element ID "contains 'ID-' as the criteria, And the 'from zone' property to show the related containing zone. There are other ways to do this via classifications,.
auto ID assignment, or other properties but you must assign something.

I think that gives you the info needed unless you insist on using the zone schedule directly -- then no help.
What am I missing??

You can add the property
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Brad Elliott
Booster
Gerry, It's the auto ID assignment from (or to) the zone that I have so much trouble with. The door will show the correct zone and ID number but then the schedule will have the door assigned to a different zone or no zone at all or it will change the next time I open it which is what happened going from 20 to 21. If I have a step up or a step down then the door no longer works with the zone tool. But mainly it's the erratic action of the zones that has broken me.
M1 Macbook Pro
poco2013
Mentor
OK -- Sounds like a bug to me?? In going from 20 to 21. I expect you'll have to send the plan into TS and good luck with that.

ID assignment entirely within 21 seems pretty stable to me. -- Sorry no help but i tried.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Brad wrote:
Gerry, It's the auto ID assignment from (or to) the zone that I have so much trouble with. The door will show the correct zone and ID number but then the schedule will have the door assigned to a different zone or no zone at all or it will change the next time I open it which is what happened going from 20 to 21. If I have a step up or a step down then the door no longer works with the zone tool. But mainly it's the erratic action of the zones that has broken me.
Hello Brad Elliott,

If it worked fine in ARCHICAD 20, and now you are having trouble in ARCHICAD 21, that might be because of a known issue in ARCHICAD 21: Doors will only belong to a zone, if the zone touches the edge of the wall they reside in. If the Door is entirely inside the zone, it will not be able to recognize it. We are working on solving this issue as soon as possible. This thread is about this issue (mostly).

Until then (or regardless of this), you can create a Property for Zone ID and list the Property instead of the actual Zone Parameter. You can make this Property even a full ID including both the Zone and the Door ID (like it is RO01-DO02 ), but the ID of the Door itself should be fine regardless of this bug, so you can list that separately (in that case it will be automatic).

If this is not what your problem was about, please upload a few pictures explaining what it is that you see, and what would you expect to see.

Good Luck,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Brad Elliott
Booster
Daniel, That appears to be the exact issue. The full ID Property with the Zone and Door ID that you describe sound like exactly what I want to do on this project but i can't figure out how to get the Properties from the marker text into the schedule.
M1 Macbook Pro