cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Using SketchUp with ArchiCAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was wondering if its common to bring in objects into ArchiCAD from other programs like SketchUp that are more complex to build? I played around with the Morph tool in ArchiCAD and I see it works similar to SketchUp but I find SketchUp much easier to use to model items...just curious if this was something other people who are more experienced in ArchiCAD do. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
SJPHouse wrote:
I was wondering if its common to bring in objects into ArchiCAD from other programs like SketchUp that are more complex to build? I played around with the Morph tool in ArchiCAD and I see it works similar to SketchUp but I find SketchUp much easier to use to model items...just curious if this was something other people who are more experienced in ArchiCAD do. Thank you.
Yes, it is very common, and you can import SketchUP files directly into AC. At that point, you can convert to a morph for further editing, or just create a library part.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, very helpful to know!