Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Window-Door Markers layer conversation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any option to convert ArchiCad's Window-Door Markers layer into different named DWG layer?
I mean in ArchiCad's DXF/DWG translation setup dialog of course.

chipo
2 REPLIES 2
Thomas Holm
Booster
You can make a layer name translation list of the layers you want re-named.

The context sensitive help in Archicad 10 is much improved. Right-click on items in the translator settings dialog, and you'll get the appropriate Help file directly in your browser.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
chipo wrote:
Is there any option to convert ArchiCad's Window-Door Markers layer into different named DWG layer?
I mean in ArchiCad's DXF/DWG translation setup dialog of course.

chipo
To the best of my knowledge: not possible the way Doors/Windows etc. are placed on separate layers. Window/Door Markers are a sort of sub-element of Windows/Doors, so they get placed to the same layer as the Window/Door they belong to.
However, here is something you can try: create all your Window/Door markers with a specific Pen, then in the DXF-DWG Translation Setup Dialog, specify a Pen->Layer conversion rule for that Pen.
In the Dialog, in the Attributes>Layers>Methods page, in the Create Layers according to field the Layer or declared Pen Number option could be the best option fro this, I think.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27