cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Yosemite Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running the latest version of archicad on a 6 year old iMac with Mavericks OS. Occasionally I need to access older versions, but can do so on a different computer if necessary. Is it wise to upgrade to Yosemite at this point?
4 REPLIES 4
JaredBanks
Mentor
Here are some handy links regarding ArchiCAD and OSX 10.10:

http://www.shoegnome.com/2014/10/17/compatibility-notes-archicad-mac-os-x-yosemite-10-10/

In short, once you're on Yosemite, you'll be limited to ArchiCAD 17 and 18 (earlier versions have major issues or don't work at all). Technically 13-16 will work, but you're on your own if anything bad happens.

If you can access old versions on other computers, and your machine can handle 10.10, there's no reason not to upgrade. I've been running 18 on 10.10 for months without issue.

I would recommend making sure that all your files are accessible via ArchiCAD 18, as soon those old computers will die...probably.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Karl Ottenstein
In a production environment, it is also always safest to clone your current OS before upgrading so that you can reboot to the old OS easily if needed to avoid lost productivity.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
JaredBanks
Mentor
Karl wrote:
In a production environment, it is also always safest to clone your current OS before upgrading so that you can reboot to the old OS easily if needed to avoid lost productivity.
agreed! And never do an upgrade if you have a deadline the next day!
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to all for your replies. I am a contract draftsman and I work for several architects, engineers and others. Most use archicad, but not all are on the latest version. That means I need to be able to work with multiple versions of the software at the same time. I've been having some email issues between the Mavericks OS/ Apple Mail and my email provider and was hoping that migrating to Yosemite would correct the problem. Migrating to Yosemite is not an option for me at this time because of the lack of compatibility with older versions of archicad, so the solution was to find a new email program that would interface with Mavericks and my email provider properly. Several frustrating days and a few hours with Apple on the phone and I'm back in business. Thank you to Apple for the outstanding support and thank you to Glenn on the Apple Support Community web site.