BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ac 15 and revit 2011

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all I really like archicad but every time see some Image of revit 2011 ask my self if that time to move to revit I hope that not come ever .but ac 14 shock me I hope AC 15 have free model ,spilt face ,good sun study ,good stair maker,new interface,pattern ,sweep,smooth roof , and more.
every time I hear some move to revit and never hear some one move form revit to AC I hope hear that
thank you.

curtsysbyface.png
91 REPLIES 91
JaredBanks
Mentor
Wes, I think you make a really good point. The guys developing all these programs are smart and hardworking. I think we would all prefer to talk to developers and other architects who use the programs rather than sales guys who never studied architecture or know what it means to be a lowly intern crunching on a sea of interior elevations.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
I have not used any but the most basic stairs in Revit so I can't say much one way or the other about that. The relationship problems I have experienced in Revit are with the automatic component relationships, particularly in structures.

I have a fundamental objection to an excess of automatic functions in any software. If the software is going to make assumptions and take actions on those assumptions about how I want to work it needs to be correct very nearly 100% of the time and be very transparent not only in what it is doing but also in how to override the behavior.

I remember when free OCR software was touting 97% accuracy as a good thing but that means that 3 out of 100 characters are wrong. That would be about 9 mistakes just in this post. If these errors are not easily discovered and fixed then the functions quickly become more trouble than they are worth.
In my opinion, all the ocr tool can't provide a 100% accurate of recognition text from image. so 97% is very high.
Learn and get certified!