Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Changing the story number

lorianerfreire
Participant

Hello! 

Is there any way to change the story number in AC26? (Without renaming them in cloned/saved views) 

lorianerfreire_0-1671798028992.png

I know someone already asked this question in 2016, I juest want to know if there is any update about this. 

AC26 PT-PT on ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Plus, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (socket AM4), (4x16GB) G.Skills F4-3200C16D-32GVK / CAS 16-18-18-38 / 1.2v running Windows 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

The quick answer is no. Marc H comment is a good concept. If you download the US version then story numbers start at 1 instead of 0.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Marc H
Advisor

Personally, I just think of the story numbers as index numbers.  They do not need to show on drawings and the descriptors you give them relate the true story (or level).  Might be a wish item to have the ability to toggle to hide them in the navigator. They can be a bit distracting if you have alpha-numeric stories (e.g., mezzanines, TOP) and the like.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Solution
Eduardo Rolon

The quick answer is no. Marc H comment is a good concept. If you download the US version then story numbers start at 1 instead of 0.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Hi Marc, 

Thanks for the reply. Indeed we don't need to show it on drawings, but it's easier to see "1. 1st floor" than "0, 1st floor". Last year the portuguese law has changed and the 0 floor does not exist anymore, hence the question. The ability to toggle to hide in the navigator is a good solution, could come with AC27. 

Although, when scheduling windows and doors (and more things) we say in which floor it's placed prefering the short version (but I've found another solution using expressions).

AC26 PT-PT on ASUS TUF Gaming x570-Plus, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x (socket AM4), (4x16GB) G.Skills F4-3200C16D-32GVK / CAS 16-18-18-38 / 1.2v running Windows 10

Eduardo, thanks for this tip.  Just wondering, do architects outside of the US use (0) to designate the ground or 1st floor.  From practicing here in the US, it seems counter intuitive to label the first floor as (0).

Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Eduardo Rolon

Yep they do.

In the British Virgin Islands it is more schizophrenic since they use AC's US version with 1 for Ground Floor and 2 for the First Floor, so those IDs are meaningless.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator