BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Column anchor point+rotation bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone.

I got into a bit of an issue with my Gh definiton, in regards to columns and the rotation angle if the anchor point is not in the middle. What i`m trying to do is have a prafab module that repeats itself along a direction. This direction could be easily changed. This means i want my columns to rotate with the whole module. When i input an different angle it goes crazy. It looks like is going up as well

Anyone else experienced this?

AC22 4023NED on Mac, GH connection 2.2
3 REPLIES 3
felcunha
Expert
The problem is that when you change the rotation angle of the columns, despite their anchor point is set to "8" (bottom right corner), the rotation axis takes their center... like ArchiCAD does in fact!
Also, it is not possible to operate a transformation of each column after having create them. No one ArchiCAD element can be "transformed" (by moving, rotating, copying or arraying for example) in Grasshopper after having been created.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is that when you change the rotation angle of the columns, despite their anchor point is set to "8" (bottom right corner), the rotation axis takes their center... like ArchiCAD does in fact!
Thats what i thought as well, and i understand its the way archicad does it, but cmon, it a bit useless like that. If we have the anchor point option, that one should be better integrated.
Also, it is not possible to operate a transformation of each column after having create them. No one ArchiCAD element can be "transformed" (by moving, rotating, copying or arraying for example) in Grasshopper after having been created.
This one is also annoying, but i understand why at this point in development its not possible. Maybe in the future releases. The Rotation around the anchor is a MUST though.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree, anchor point is a useless and misleading feature without rotation.
Learn and get certified!