BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating a see shell.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, im trying to create a see shell as a roof, is it possible to do this on Archicad? i've spent hours searching and trying to to find a way to do it.

PS; i'm using Archicad 21

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
Hmooslechner
Rockstar
This form is more an artistic sculpture than architecture - and archicad is an architecture-program, not a sculpturer like rhino.

Beside that, it should be not a big problem to devide this very complex form into pieces and form this in Archicad mostly with the shell-tool and the morph-tool.

but its a lot of personal work and detailing necessary - because there are no automatisms for connecting round forms together. Later when making this real in a building-, you will get big problems detailing water-removal, thermal connections and so on.

First - you have to set the exact gepmetry parameters.
You need the radiusses for all Archs, define all hights of the conection points and then you form the pieces.

There is a great temptation to use the morph-tool in such situations but later you will get problems with that. Better use the schell-tool because this is an architectural element - morhs are not.
AC5.5-AC27EduAut, PC-Win10, MacbookAirM1, MacbookM1Max, Win-I7+Nvidia
Learn and get certified!