BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door object ceiling plan scripting - wallhole2

Robert Nichols
Advocate
I have developed some custom window and door objects for a project. The big appeal for custom in this case is that I can control the wall mask with the WALLHOLE2 command which is producing very good looking plans.

But I'm not understanding the GDL script interpretation when MVO changes for ceiling plan. In non-door custom objects, I test for MVO settings often, and switch to a dashed line for, say, a kitchen island to chow correctly in reflected ceiling plan. Works great.

With the door/window objects, however, I am finding that the presence of the WALLHOLE2 command in a 2d script changes the interpretation of the script when MVO is set to "show opening only", so that the short cutlines across the wall at either end of the window are missing. If I comment out the WALLHOLE2 command, I get a clean opening, with a crisp contour matching the wall's heavy cutlines. If I use an if/then control to avoid the WALLHOLE2 command, the problem is not fixed! Just having the WALLHOLE2 command in the script, even if it is not executed, yields the odd output.

Would not be so bad if I could script a few lines to clean up, but no door/window 2d code seems to be executed with MVO in this "show opening only".

What exactly is the flow of code interpretation of a door/window object with MVO set to "show opening only"?
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Robert wrote:
Would not be so bad if I could script a few lines to clean up, but no door/window 2d code seems to be executed with MVO in this "show opening only".

What exactly is the flow of code interpretation of a door/window object with MVO set to "show opening only"?
I am sure this question was asked just the other day but I couldn't find it - maybe it was in the new GDL Center Forum.

As you figured out yourself the 2D script is not run at all when the MVO for show openings only is active.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!