Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Modifying NCS Drawing Title 23 - Uniform Title Pen variable??

Robert Nichols
Advocate
I'm trying to create a Drawing Title object that is bullet-proof. That is, will always reflect my preferred values, without requiring my staff to set everything correctly, or even lift parameter values from a Favorite. As long of a user selects my title, it will look right. I'm starting with NCS Drawing Title 23, saving it as my own, then carefully "hard-setting" values within the script to get them right. I'm leaving a lot of comments to make sure I don't mix up my surgical insertions with GS code.

So far, so good, but I can't solve the problem of the "Uniform Title Pen" setting that appears in the parent title object's dialog box. If that value is "checked" in the dialog box of my title object, then even my hard overrides are ignored. I can't find the variable within the NCS object that correlates with the setting in the dialog box. I can't even figure out how the NCS 2D script ignores a pen setting I've made (by integer, not variable) one line prior to a LINE2 command if that box is checked. It's as if there is a GDL command that sets all 2D Drawing Elements to be drawn with a fixed pen number, despite any PEN command that might appear in the script. (Is there such a powerful command?) Even if that command/functionality exists, I'm not seeing how it is implemented in the NCS Drawing Title 23 object. There is something fundamental about how these objects are structured that I'm missing.

Thanks.
Mac Studio, 32gb ram, ArchiCAD v26 (Apple Silicon) MacOS 13
4 REPLIES 4
Robert Nichols
Advocate
...and no I see the "Uniform Title Pen" checkbox in the Title dialog can't even be affected via a Favorite selection.
This part is broken in AC23. You will need to start with the AC22 version, which works fine in AC23. https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68826&start=10#p306296
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Robert Nichols
Advocate
I misspoke above. I did use the AC22 version of the drawing title as my starting place. This GDL forum had previously let me know that the AC23 version could not be positioned to cell.

My question is about accessing the value of a particular parameter available in the title object's dialog box: Uniform Title Pen. I can't identify it in the code. Perhaps it works a bit like the LibraryGlobal thing that gives you access to MVO values?? That mechanism, for example would be quite difficult to work out by just looking at code that utilizes it.
Can you just turn off the parameters by activating the "X" (first column) when you open the object parameters and resave?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!