BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with Zones in AC26

Sam Wheatley
Contributor

I have changed the layers in the AC26 template. When I go to place a zone it pops up with "The former layer of this tool has been deleted. Please choose another layer."  I then choose the layer I want and draw the zone, I also select the syringe to pick up the attributes in order for the next zone to be on my selected layer, but the window pops up again with "The former layer of this tool has been deleted. Please choose another layer."  If I open an AC26 template without any alterations this doesn't happen. Any help would be appreciated.

ArchiCad 26 US

IMac Pro

iMac 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 16 GB

NIVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB
2 REPLIES 2

Does the pipette tool transfer settings include for also transferring the layer? You can exclude certain items. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
DGSketcher
Legend

@Sam Wheatley If you are changing layers in your template it will be worth going through all your tools and check / change their assigned default layers manually. As @Lee Hankins has pointed out transfer settings vary so you may want to read up on this and also using favourites which can change a tool’s layer settings.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Learn and get certified!