Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Slope in TWO Directions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a roof that slopes both from the East to the West and from the North to the South. How do I model this? Thank YOU!
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Leah wrote:
I have a roof that slopes both from the East to the West and from the North to the South. How do I model this? Thank YOU!
I assume you are talking about a single roof plane for which the 'fall line' is not perpendicular to a drip edge? Use the polygonal geometry of the roof tool. The first edge you draw is the perpendicular to the slope of the roof - 'fall line' in ski terms 😉 Then you draw the roof edges however you choose. (You can also draw a rectangular roof and then just reshape it with the pet palette.)

If this doesn't answer your question, perhaps post an image?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dwight
Newcomer
Odd roofs can also be modeled in 3D with great satisfaction.

Be sure to turn on the status bar for instructions.

You establish the roof slope by clicking three elevation points, then you determine roof extent.
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Thanks, Dwight - yup, the more realistic solution (doing it in plan may require math)!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please see this thread for constructing off angle roofs.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=90216
Peter Devlin