Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

plotmaker and archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm importing views from archicad into Plotmaker 3. Whenever I update my drawings, another archicad is opened and stays open. I don't see it on my screen but I see it through task masager. It seems to really bog down my system until I end archicad from task manager. I leave the pln file I'm importing open in archicad when I update. Could this be causing the problem? 8.0.0 r3 usa (6318)

Thanks,
Michele
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever PlotMaker updates drawings or imports them, PlotMaker will open Archicad in the background to access those Archicad files that the original is at. This is normal and you shouldn't have to close that background Archicad in task manager. I would imagine that you may be need add some more memory. You probably don't have enough, so as your computer uses swap files from your hard drive, it's bogging down your system.
Anonymous
Not applicable
My drawings finish updating but Archicad still stays open. I'll have the computer guy look at my computer to see about the memory.

Am I still listed as a guest?

Thanks,
Michele
Anonymous
Not applicable
My drawings finish updating but Archicad still stays open.
Yes, it will remain open until PlotMaker is closed. That way when you update again, the update will be much faster than the first since all the libraries will already be loaded.
I'll have the computer guy look at my computer to see about the memory.
I would recommend at least 512 MB

Am I still listed as a guest?
Congratulation! You're now a new member like the rest of us