BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

3DS out

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Im attempting to write some script that finally saves a 3d view as a 3ds file.
I succeeded saving the 3d view as .3ds but 3dstudio max doesnt really like that file.
I used the savepar_object function.
How did they do that with the "3DS out" add-on which is included with AC?
Is there any way to get some of the source code of this add-on?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please? any idea?
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
zanzibar wrote:
Please? any idea?
If you have the documentation for the 3DS file format, you could implement an export module. I haven't looked at this file format specifically, so I don't know how complex that might be (or even if the format is published). There may be 3rd party libraries that provide this functionality. The source code for the 3DS-out add-on belongs to GS, and I doubt you would be able to obtain it. I don't know if the add-on can be called from another add-on either (only the DXF/DWG add-on publishes this capability as far as I know).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, im just trying to automate the 3ds export process.
Do u maybe have a clue or and idea, what kind of functions in the API could be useful in this case?
I thought about save_pars and its friends, but anything i tried didnt really give any fine result.
(though i succeeded exporting an image of the 3d view).

ANY suggestion would be very appriciated! im not going to give up soon, and maybe my questions could help people in the future....

Thanks1!!
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
zanzibar wrote:
Hmm, im just trying to automate the 3ds export process.
I thought about save_pars and its friends, but anything i tried didnt really give any fine result. (though i succeeded exporting an image of the 3d view).
The function API_FileSavePars only supports a narrow range of file types, and doesn't include 3DS. I don't think that's an option for you. As far as I'm aware, there is no easy answer to this question.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!