BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

API Request: Comprehensive Save

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody have an API that will -- while in Teamwork -- save to the default PLC name, then perform a send/receive? Ideally, I would like it to do another save after the send/receive so I have a local version that contains all other user's changes.
6 REPLIES 6
Karl Ottenstein
Jay wrote:
Does anybody have an API that will -- while in Teamwork -- save to the default PLC name, then perform a send/receive?
As far as I can tell from scanning the API documentation, it does not seem possible for an add-on to perform a send/receive. An add-on can be notified that a send/receive is happening and take some action at that time, but I don't think the automation that you are asking for is possible.

I defer to our more experienced API guys though for the definitive answer...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You can use the ACAPI_Automate set of functions (look for APIDo_SaveID) to achieve that functionality. To tell the truth, I've never tried that in the situation you describe, but theoretically it should work
Karl Ottenstein
Akos wrote:
You can use the ACAPI_Automate set of functions (look for APIDo_SaveID) to achieve that functionality. To tell the truth, I've never tried that in the situation you describe, but theoretically it should work
Thanks, Akos. I had read through the various options there and did not see a way of saying that you want a send/receive to take place...?

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Karl wrote:
Thanks, Akos. I had read through the various options there and did not see a way of saying that you want a send/receive to take place...?

Karl
The way to go here is project event notifications. Take a look at for example APINotify_SendChanges -- this is sent *before* the actual 'send' is performed.

HTH,

Akos
Karl Ottenstein
Akos wrote:
The way to go here is project event notifications. Take a look at for example APINotify_SendChanges -- this is sent *before* the actual 'send' is performed.
Thanks for being patient with me as always, Akos! 😉 I'm still not "getting it".

AFAIK, the notification is merely a way of having the add-on respond (via a callback function) to when the AC user has performed a send, receive, signout, etc.

Jay's original request was to automate the actual send/receive ... to have the add-on initiate a send/receive action (not react to the user initiating one). Am I still confused, or is this not possible?

Best regards,
Karl
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Karl wrote:
Jay's original request was to automate the actual send/receive ... to have the add-on initiate a send/receive action (not react to the user initiating one). Am I still confused, or is this not possible?

Best regards,
Karl
Yes, now I see that seemed to be the original intent. But there is no way to achieve that with the current interface, so he'll have to live with the notifications. It's the poor API developer's world, you know

HTH,

Akos
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!