Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.
SOLVED!

APIDb_GetOffsetID

gunners6522
Contributor
I've have tried to figure out how to utilize APIDb_GetOffsetID in my plugin, but I can't seem to figure out how to use it. When I try to get the offset in a project, the returned value is always (0, 0), which probably makes perfect sense. My question is just, how do I configure a project in Archicad in order to change this value?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Viktor Kovacs
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
This offset is an internal value, and only used if the user creates their model very far from the origin. In this case Archicad offsets the model internally so there will be no number precision problems.

To make this set you should create a model very far from the user origin (e.g. 100 kilometers), save the plan, and open it again (offset calculation happens during file open).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Viktor Kovacs
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
This offset is an internal value, and only used if the user creates their model very far from the origin. In this case Archicad offsets the model internally so there will be no number precision problems.

To make this set you should create a model very far from the user origin (e.g. 100 kilometers), save the plan, and open it again (offset calculation happens during file open).
gunners6522
Contributor
Thanks, I will try this out!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!