Developer forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archicad plugin incompatible with OS X Lion ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, my name is Tristan HULOT, I'm developer in the company Atila Diffusion.

Here is my problem :

I develop a plugin for Archicad 15 software, this plugin has a trial version of 30 days and a full version.

And to activate this plugin requires an activation key, this key is generated from the key Archicad.

At the opening of plugins there is an activation window appears asking for a key. If the user does not key it clicks on the demo button for a period of 30 days.

When plugin is running under OS X Leopard all going well we get the activation key, you press the "OK" button and the plugin was enabled.

But since the plugin is under OS X Lion, impossible to activate the plugin ... when entering the key, the plugin does not recognize it. The source code is compiled with the new version of xcode (4.0.1).

The path to the preference file is the same as leopard, the only difference that the Library folder is hidden.

I think this is an issue of law related to the OS but I'm not sure.

If you have any idea to offer me I'll be happy:)

OSX Leopard -> xcode 3.2, DevKit 15 (it works!)
OSX Lion -> xcode 4.0.1, devkit 15 (it does not work!)
5 REPLIES 5

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
atila-diffusion wrote:
OSX Leopard -> xcode 3.2, DevKit 15 (it works!)
OSX Lion -> xcode 4.0.1, devkit 15 (it does not work!)
Keep using the older version of Xcode with Lion. I suspect that the compilers in Xcode 4 will break compatibility with ArchiCAD. You can have Xcode 3 and 4 simultaneously installed under Lion and use both, but stick to Xcode 3.x for ArchiCAD development.
Ralph Wessel BArch

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your quick response Ralph, i'll tried to compile the source code with xcode 3 on OS X Lion.

I keep you informed.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I tried to compile with Xcode 3.6.2, but the problem is the same. The key isn't regonize by the plugin.

If you have an other idea, i'm interested

Have a good day !

Ralph Wessel
Mentor
atila-diffusion wrote:
I tried to compile with Xcode 3.6.2, but the problem is the same. The key isn't regonize by the plugin.
If you have an other idea, i'm interested
I'm not aware of any other platform-specific problems. However, there may simply be a bug in your code which is only manifest in certain conditions. For example, we have found several bugs where the software worked on Mac but not on Windows (or vice versa). Have you stepped through the code with a debugger to determine where the failure occurs?
Ralph Wessel BArch

Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Ralph wrote:
atila-diffusion wrote:
I tried to compile with Xcode 3.6.2, but the problem is the same. The key isn't regonize by the plugin.
If you have an other idea, i'm interested
I'm not aware of any other platform-specific problems. However, there may simply be a bug in your code which is only manifest in certain conditions. For example, we have found several bugs where the software worked on Mac but not on Windows (or vice versa). Have you stepped through the code with a debugger to determine where the failure occurs?
Me neither.

What kind of dialog do you use, and how is the callback function implemented in your add-on? Also, what SDK and target OS did you set in Xcode (3/4)?

Best,

Akos

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!