GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Enabling commands in GDL 2D symbol window: How?

Karl Ottenstein
Following the documentation for STR# resources, the menu strings for my little QuickDisplay plug-in include "^" codes so that the commands are also available in section and detail windows:
'STR#' 32500 "Menu strings" {
/* [ 1] */		"QuickDisplay"
/* [ 2] */			"Toggle Line Weight Display^32600^ED^ES"
/* [ 3] */			"Toggle Section Depth Display^32601^ED^ES"
I just noticed that my commands are not available while trying to edit 2D work in the GDL 2D symbol window... yet the Display Options themselves can be changed there.

Is there a documented or undocumented code string, such as the ^ED and ^ES codes above, to enable commands in the 2D symbol window? Or a trick?

Thanks!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Developer support has privately given me the answer to this one: "Add-ons cannot operate on 2D Symbol databases".

If anyone else has reasons to want this functionality, feel free to post a comment to this thread as feedback to GS.

Thanks, Gabor,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Developer support has privately given me the answer to this one: "Add-ons cannot operate on 2D Symbol databases".

If anyone else has reasons to want this functionality, feel free to post a comment to this thread as feedback to GS.

Thanks, Gabor,
Karl
I have to say this isn't surprising. The symbol editor has always been more limited. Too bad, but hardly a big problem IMHO.