BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Mac versus Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I can't find req / documentation for ArchiCad 14 api's, but I guess it still is Visual Studio C++ 2005 on windows?

But if I use intel mac with latest snowleopard version? What dev-tools should I use? I'm a newbie on mac
5 REPLIES 5
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
TurboGlider wrote:
I can't find req / documentation for ArchiCad 14 api's, but I guess it still is Visual Studio C++ 2005 on windows?
But if I use intel mac with latest snowleopard version? What dev-tools should I use? I'm a newbie on mac
Yes, use VS 2005 for Windows.

The situation is much better on the Mac - all the developer tools you could ever ask for are free from Apple. They are probably on the installation disk you received with the Mac (as an optional install), but you can always get the latest set by download directly from Apple's website. Start here and move on to the Mac Dev Centre and the Downloads section. You will need to register, but it's free. Download and install XCode (currently 3.2.4).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, it sounds like I should begin on Mac though I don't have my own 2005, last I try to make an API I work at a firm that has VS 2005 PRO.
I'm not sure 2005 is available in stores anymore? I'll try xcode on my wife's Mac, free is nice when try.
Sorry for my bad spelling, My phone has à swedish setup and change every Word, à real nightmare when i write in english.
Regards Tobias
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
TurboGlider wrote:
Thanks, it sounds like I should begin on Mac though I don't have my own 2005, last I try to make an API I work at a firm that has VS 2005 PRO. I'm not sure 2005 is available in stores anymore? I'll try xcode on my wife's Mac, free is nice when try.
I greatly prefer the Mac development environment to Windows. Apple have done an amazing job with their developer tools. MS tools sometimes tempt me to throw the whole computer out the window.

Contact me if you can't find a VS 2005 license, because I have an unused one (box, disks, the whole works).
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have your unused box in my mind. But til then, I saw somewhere that Karl O have wrote that VS C++ 2005 express would work, is that true? I think I have an old 2005 express DVD somewhere in my bookshell.

Yep, I will test Xcode as fast as I could use my wife's mac But, to much use of mac and I will not use my pc anymore?

After a VC C++ 2005 express on my Windows 7 64-bit I could put that back where I found it, crash all the time though I run in compatiblity mode.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
TurboGlider wrote:
I would have your unused box in my mind. But til then, I saw somewhere that Karl O have wrote that VS C++ 2005 express would work, is that true? I think I have an old 2005 express DVD somewhere in my bookshell.

Yep, I will test Xcode as fast as I could use my wife's mac But, to much use of mac and I will not use my pc anymore?

After a VC C++ 2005 express on my Windows 7 64-bit I could put that back where I found it, crash all the time though I run in compatiblity mode.
I've never tried to use Express with the ArchiCAD API, so I don't know if it works. Maybe someone else can comment on that?

'Compatibility mode' on Windows is just a virtual machine (VirtualPC, originally developed by Connectix). You'd be better off running it under Parallels on the Mac - I use both XP and Windows 7 under Parallels.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Learn and get certified!