Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Param-o - Changing GDL object parameters

dushyant
Enthusiast
Hello,
When a GDL object like a chair is imported in Param-o, is there a way to edit the surface of the individual parts like arms, back-rest fabric, etc. which are available for editing in the object-settings when the object is normally edited outside Param-o?
I could find parameters like 'Backrest style' in the list of available params for A, B, C, D (screenshot attached). I don't know how it is possible to edit / set a new value to it, as A, B, C, D only take numeral values.. I tried setting the value to different numbers like 2, 3.. assuming it would match with the order of the values available for the given parameter, but it doesn't effect any change.

Anyone any idea?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
dushyant
Enthusiast
Also, what if we need to edit more than 4 parameters of a GDL object? (There are currently only 4 slots available: A, B, C, D)
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi,

the documentation says it's an experimental feature, I will forward these feedbacks to the developers.
You could try using GDL shape with a call command.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
dushyant wrote:
I don't know how it is possible to edit / set a new value to it, as A, B, C, D only take numeral values.. I tried setting the value to different numbers like 2, 3.. assuming it would match with the order of the values available for the given parameter.
gs_back_type_m is an integer parameter. You will have to find which value is which style in the code of Office Chair 06, which calls officeChair_m.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
dushyant
Enthusiast
Peter wrote:
dushyant wrote:
I don't know how it is possible to edit / set a new value to it, as A, B, C, D only take numeral values.. I tried setting the value to different numbers like 2, 3.. assuming it would match with the order of the values available for the given parameter.
gs_back_type_m is an integer parameter. You will have to find which value is which style in the code of Office Chair 06, which calls officeChair_m.
Ok, thanks.
Mjules
Mentor
I hope Param-O can also be used to parameterize both doors and windows, according to local standards.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11